My name is Lisa Thiele. This is a special place where I share my love for food and the people who I share it with. My life is busy being a mom to two littles, a wife, working full time and writing for the blog that an escape for me is usually in the kitchen. Sometimes I have a little helper, sometimes my husband or it’s my quiet time. No matter the company, it’s my happy place. I’m a pretty healthy eater (as in lots of whole foods) and most of the recipes that you’ll find here are naturally gluten-free. My full story of how I became gluten-free can be found here. I grew up in a very healthy family, both my parents are incredible cooks, but also outstanding hosts, which has continued to inspires me.
I hope to inspire a new way of healthy living with easy and delicious gluten-free recipes. Helping every host/hostess accommodate guests with food allergies. Making gluten-free easy and attainable for the every day cook.
Note: This blog has evolved to be gluten-free, so you’ll still find recipes that contain gluten.
Living Gluten-Free, With Style and Grace E-Cookbook (purchase –> here)
Rue Magazine – January 2015: Issue 33 / Rue Confessional
People.com – Recipe feature 2014
Camille Styles – Styled and prepared gluten-free picnic 2012
Camille Styles – Recipe: One Pot Spaghetti
Babble – Top 100 Food Blogs 2013
Rue Magazine – March/April Feature 2012
Fine Cooking – Recipe feature in 2012
Glitter Guide – Entertaining contributor 2010
Daily Candy SF – Health and Wellness Issue 2010
Foodie Crush Magazine - Styled & photographed entertaining spread 2010
Recipe development clients include – DeLallo Foods, Arrowhead Mills, Hain Celestial, SheKnows, Heartland, Redwood Hills Farms, etc.
a few random bits.
- I’m a mom to TWO beautiful boys, Mason (2 years) & Gray (newborn). They’re the ones that take over my instagram feed now.
- I have a day job, on top of running the blog. I work at Starbucks Corp and I’m on the digital team where I help create social content and manage social channels. Sometimes I still can’t believe this is my job!
- I’m highly caffeinated 80% of the time.
- There’s always a bottle of white wine and champagne in the fridge. Always prepared.
- When I’m too tired or lazy to cook, air popped popcorn is my default. Second is cheese and crackers.
- My husband and I met when we were 15 years old. Married for over 7 years. And we STILL like each other!
- I typically won’t do a cleanse because 1. they make me grumpy. 2. the thought of giving up coffee makes me depressed.
- I don’t like oysters, kimchi or mayonnaise.
I’m active [usually running] 6 days a week. Past tense. Now, I’m active being a mom.
- If I had a stupid amount of money, I’d have someone blow dry/style my hair once a week. In the meantime, it’s a messy bun on top of my head.
- I’m not admitting to a problem, but I may like to shop more than I should.
On a serious note – I talk a lot about my mom on the blog and on social media. She recently passed away from a brain tumor (March 2014). I wrote about our end journey here. Also, my sister and I have recently done a few speaking engagements to help bring awareness, raise money for a cause and to help support others.
me. on social.
- Instagram: WithStyleGrace
- Twitter: @WithStyleGrace
- Facebook: With Style and Grace
- Pinterest: WithStyleGrace
- Email: email@example.com
Photographes by Carina Skrobecki