Writer, photographer and the hostess of With Style and Grace
Inspiring a new way of healthy living with easy and delicious gluten-free recipes. Helping every host/hostess accommodate guests with food allergies. Making gluten-free easy and attainable for the every day cook.
NEW! Living Gluten-Free, With Style and Grace E-Cookbook (purchase –> here)
Me + my story.
A little over two years ago I was working in advertising, a high stress job when I had horrible health scare that landed me in the hospital for a long period of time. Through the rehabilitation process, they discovered there was damage to my intestines and gluten was the first to go. As I worked to rebuild my strength I started blogging, more as a creative outlet. I taught myself how to cook and bake, all gluten-free, a new world I quickly fell in love with. My mom offered me her old DSLR camera, that way I could share my creations with the world. The blog has certainly evolved since. I now aim to capture the beauty of gluten-free, provide easy, yet delicious recipes, help every host(ess) incorporate allergy-free options into their menu and hope to inspire a happy & healthy life. My full story, here.
I love everything about it. I’m constantly in the kitchen
making a mess testing various recipes. I believe there’s incredible beauty in food and I try and capture that in my photographs. I grew up in a very healthy family, both my parents are incredible cooks and outstanding hosts. I share mostly naturally gluten-free recipes, which are all listed here and of course, an entire gluten-free section, right here.
Note: This blog has evolved to be gluten-free, so you’ll still find recipes that contain gluten.
Hosting an event, small or big is an art. Coordinating all the details from the invitations to the food, cocktails, lighting, table settings, etc. is something that has always and continues to bring me great joy. Whether it’s hosting an afternoon brunch with close friends or a dinner with a group of colleagues, there’s always a reason to celebrate.
A few things about me…
- I’m a mom to two beautiful boys, Mason (2 years) and Gray (newborn). They’re the ones that take over my instagram feed now.
- I have a day job, on top of running the blog. I work at Starbucks Corp, where I help create social content.
- I go to bed every night excited for my morning coffee.
- There’s always a bottle of white wine and champagne in the fridge. Always prepared.
- When I’m too tired or lazy to cook, air popped popcorn is my default.
- My husband and I met when we were 15 years old. He’s my rock.
- I typically won’t do a cleanse because 1. they make me grumpy. 2. the thought of giving up coffee makes me depressed.
- I don’t like oysters, kimchi or mayonnaise.
I’m active [usually running] 6 days a week. Past tense. Now, I’m active being a mom.
- If I could have one service, I would have someone do my hair every morning.
- I prefer to be barefoot when I’m home. I don’t even own a pair of slippers.
- On a serious note – I talk a lot about my mom on the blog and on social media - She recently died from a brain tumor (March 2014). I wrote about our end journey here. Also, my sister and I have recently done a few speaking engagements to help bring awareness, raise money for a cause and to help support others.
Follow me on social media.
Instagram // WithStyleGrace
Twitter // @WithStyleGrace
Facebook // With Style and Grace
Pinterest // WithStyleGrace
Email // with.style.grace [at] gmail [dot] com
Photographed by Edyta Photography