What better way to get back into the blog, than with a bowl of popcorn.
Actually, popcorn and a story.
A few months ago, a close friend – that person who always calls or texts at the perfect time and who can pick up right were you left off without missing a beat. That’s Lacy.
So, I pick her up from the airport and immediately apologize. I have pink eye (for the millionth) time. Without even thinking twice, she asks me, “are you angry?”. Yep. I’m really f*%^ing angry. And I listed off my bajillion things.
If you know me, I’m not an angry person. But clearly, I’ve got some stored.
Over the weekend, she does some energy / healing work with me.
We found out a lot of things.
- The grieving process. I never got angry at my mom. Honestly, I didn’t know how because if you knew my mom, NO one could ever be angry at her. Well, clearly it was an important piece. I lost about 5lbs after I got through that one.
- I hide from money. Like literally, I don’t look at anything. So, it hides from me. Well, no problem there, we just combed through my entire bank account and BAM, easy peasy. Tears were required, for sure.
- Looking through my bathroom and makeup, I had about TWO products that didn’t damage the environment OR my body. I threw everything away, just like that. And then spent all my money at Whole Foods.
- I can say no when I’m in control (ex: when there’s an occasion that isn’t good for my well being). When I’m not (ex: if something happens out of my control and someone needs me), I will sacrifice my health for others. Think that one is a work in progress.
- and fresh dill on your popcorn.
I guess you could say it was a pretty good weekend.
Oh and by Sunday, my pink eye was gone.
I don’t think you can be angry AND eat popcorn. Can you? I’m pretty sure it’s not possible.
Let’s just say I’m right.
I was going to make our nutritional yeast popcorn, when Lacy so kindly introduced me to her version with fresh dill. It’s 100% love and happiness.
She does hers with ghee. I’m stuck on the butter. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
Popcorn with nutritional yeast and fresh dill
Serves about 2
- 4 tablespoon popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter – I prefer salted
- 3-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped (or 1 tbsp dried dill if you must)
Add the popcorn to your air popper. Turn it on and let it begin to pop. This is a good time to melt your butter. It’s also the only reason I own a microwave. Once all the kernels have popped, drizzle a little butter, nutritional yeast, salt and some dill. Give it a gentle toss. Drizzle a little more butter, nutritional yeast, salt and the dill. Toss again. If you still have more of everything, do it again and toss until it’s nicely coated. Taste it. If it needs a little more of something, please dump as much of anything as you’d like.
If you don’t have an air popper, go get one. They’re ugly, but they’re cheap and you’ll never eat microwave popcorn again. Okay, but while you wait for your order to arrive, you can do also do this on the stove with whatever oil you prefer.
ALSO, this is the best popcorn and the only popcorn I eat.
One last thing. It’s best to enjoy with a napkin, or two. And a cold beverage.
December 8 2015