Meal planning can be challenging, especially if you’re new to gluten-free. I thought I’d share my 5-day [gluten-free] meal plan with you and hopefully give you a little inspiration. I find that planning my meals keeps my family organized and on track, both health wise and budget wise.
I typically buy and prep for the week on Sundays. With a little one, making big grocery store runs aren’t always easy, so when I have an extra hand (my husband), I take full advantage.
After a big trip to the store, my husband and I both jump into the kitchen and start prepping.
For instance, we…
- hard boil eggs
- grill chicken
- peel and cut carrots (cheaper to buy and cut them vs. the pre-cut)
- make a batch of homemade hummus
- cook a big pot of quinoa or brown rice
- roast a large pan of vegetables
When the week gets busy, it’s so nice to have prepared food that can easily be thrown together to create a meal.
This weeks [gluten-free] meal plan:
- Breakfast: avocado toast with an over easy egg.
- Lunch: salad with grilled chicken, roasted veggies and [pre-cooked] quinoa.
- Snacks: green smoothie // mixed nuts & seeds
- Dinner: baked pasta with fresh tomatoes
- Breakfast: oatmeal with bananas
- Lunch: diced grilled chicken, avocado, hard boiled egg(s) and cherry tomatoes, seasoned with salt + pepper
- Snacks: apple and almond butter // KIND bar
- Dinner: turkey tacos [corn tortillas, ground turkey, avocado, cheese, black olives, etc.]
- Breakfast: egg scramble with roasted veggies
- Lunch: taco salad with dinner leftovers
- Snacks: warmed refried beans wrapped in a corn tortilla // sliced fruit
- Dinner: lemon pasta (option to add grilled chicken) and simple kale salad
- Breakfast: fresh juice and greek yogurt with homemade granola
- Lunch: egg salad sandwich
- Snacks: fruit smoothie // veggies and hummus
- Dinner: chicken and veggie stir fry
- Breakfast: paleo banana bread muffin with a piece of fruit
- Lunch: leftover stir fry over quinoa or brown rice
- Snack: trail mix // carrots and hummus
- Dinner: salmon with broccoli pesto, potato mash and simple salad
and always, fresh flowers.
psst… I’m including a 5-day meal plan in my upcoming ebook!
February 25 2013