I’ve never been one to make new year resolutions.
Not that I don’t keep them, well… I don’t know, considering I’ve never made one. It’s just never seemed important to me.
November 9th 2012, I received the biggest blessing I could have ever imagined. It changed everything.
I became a mother to the most amazing boy, Mason Jeffry Thiele.
Not only has my daily routine changed, that’s obvious, but so have my priorities and the things that are important to me.
The passed two months have been full of change. I’ve stepped away from the blog, work and focused on one thing, being a mom.
This year, I aim to find that fine balance of work and motherhood. One thing I’m confident about is the blog, With Style and Grace will be even better than the years before. It’s my baby, right next to my real life one. In case you were worried it was slowing down. It’s not.
So, instead of resolutions, I’ve decided that this year, I’m going to set intentions.
My intention for 2013
- be present to my baby. he will only be this small for so long.
- be a loving and patient mom and wife – emphasis on patients…
- be authentic in conversations, relationships, and on the blog – that’s very important to me.
- dance, laugh and sing more. hard to be grumpy doing any one of these.
- be kind and gentle with my new body. self reminder: I have a beautiful baby that was worth every pound.
- feed my body with nutritious, whole foods.
- be creative and allow perfection to better not deter.
- be open to change and creating new pictures when current ones are broken
- hold a positive space around money.
- specifically for the blog: be true and authentic in every post. share the beauty of gluten-free. inspire.
- specifically for the baby blog: connect, inspire and be a resource for other parents. as well as share the growth and milestones of this little guy.
- continue to do the things I love.
Thank you for following me through all my adventures. Next year will be filled with even more gluten-free recipes, discoveries and the launch of my first ebook!
Wishing you a year full of endless possibilities – Happy New Year!
Photographs captured by my friend and photographer, Emily – Em the Gem.
Taken 2 days after the birth of our son.
December 31 2012