Okay, I’m ready for Fall, but not ready to say goodbye to summer produce. Or going to the pool whenever I want. Which I don’t really do, but I like the option.
I’m obsessed with fresh peaches & nectarines lately. Between the crates at Trader Joes and the deals at the farmers market, I’ve become a hoarder.
I ended up overstocking so I cut up a bunch of peaches [and nectarines], tossed them in [separate] ziplocks and then into the freezer for smoothies.
This peach smoothie not only rocked my world, but it’s made with greek yogurt for a little protein and flaxseeds for some good fats. Woohoo, I’m eating healthy, finally. If you want to make it creamy, just add half a frozen banana – I peel the very ripe ones, put them all into a ziplock and then into the freezer.
Now, go make a smoothie and have a happy Market Monday!
Peach Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh peaches [about 8-12 slices]
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or this lactose free yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk – or milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon honey – or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- pinch of cinnamon
- splash of orange juice – can omit if not on hand
- handful of ice
- optional – 1/2 frozen banana for creaminess
Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until pureed.
Serve and enjoy!
Serves about 2
*gluten-free *lactose-free- optional
September 3 2012