I tried to make cute little green cookies for you. They were a fail. I’d like to blame the baking powder since this is the fifth baking fail in a row and I’ve tried everything. So, I’m taking a break at the moment.
Plan B. I went to the store, bought skittles and chocolate gold coins, put them in glasses [or a jar] and there you have it. My interpretation of gold at the end of a rainbow. BTW: Did you know directly on the Skittles packaging it says, “gluten-free”. Kinda awesome.
If you’re stuck on what to do, here are some other fun last minute ideas:
- Add green food coloring to your pancake or waffle mix
- Add spinach to your banana smoothie
- Rainbow fruit plate [blueberries, green grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries - at the end you can do banana slices or gold chocolate coins
- Green sprinkles in your popcorn
- Dip [gluten-free] pretzels in white chocolate, then into green or St. Patrick’s day sprinkles
- Healthy Shamrock Shake [light [or coconut milk] ice cream, almond milk, green food coloring, little whipped cream and green sprinkles]
- Green rice crispy treats – add the green food coloring to the marshmallows
- Fill a container with gold coins & skittles [see below] and put them into your child’s lunch.
This St. Patrick’s Day, which falls on Saturday, the Mr. and I will be on a plane heading home to Seattle to visit family. One family member throws a HUGE St. Patty’s day party and everyone and they’re cousin will be there, including us. Then I get to see my BFF one last time before she run’s back to Canada to have her baby [EEK!]. Finally, it’s back home to pack and off to Mexico!
What’s your favorite thing to do or make on St. Patrick’s Day?
March 15 2012