I’d really like to send you all a bottle of this. Pretty sure I’d win you over with the whole juicing craze with this one.
The combination of the grapefruit with the fresh mint, it’s the perfect refreshment for a warm day. Or any day, really.
Yeah, I’m still hoping that warm day is just around the corner.
ps. if you’re tired of all this juice, not to worry, I’m giving you all some chocolate next week.
Health Benefit of Grapefruit Juice:
- Although grapefruits may taste acidic, they actually have an alkaline reaction in the digestive system.
- Has a fat burning enzyme that helps to reduce the starch and sugar in the body.
- Improves skin complexion.
Today’s 3 Tips on Juicing:
- Citrus fruits, such as grapefruits and oranges should be peeled before juiced.
- Keep grapefruits at room temperature before juicing to get the most out of it.
- If the grapefruit juice is too bitter, add a little honey.
ps. These are the jars I use!
Side note. . . Saveur’s Best Food Blog Nominations are now open and would be incredibly honored if you’d nominate With Style and Grace for “best special diets blog”. Nominate HERE. Thank you, thank you!
Grapefruit + Mint Juice
*requires a juicer
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and sectioned to fit into the juicer
- 8-10 leaves of fresh mint
Turn on the juicer.
Add ingredients, one at a time.
Pour the fresh juice into a glass and enjoy!
Fresh juice is best consumed immediately after juicing and would recommend not going more than 3 days.
Day 2: Carrot, Apple & Ginger Juice
Day 3: Green Refresher
Day 4: Grapefruit + Mint Juice
March 8 2012