You know me, I like anything that’s green. and in mason jars
Actually, now that I think about it, my wedding color, green.
I then had to google the color green. This is what I found.
How the color green affects us physically:
- Relaxes mentally, as well as physically
- Helps alleviate depression, nervousness, and anxiety
- Offers a sense of renewal, self control, and harmony
I’d say this green juice does just that.
Side note. . . Saveur’s Best Food Blog Nominations are now open and would be incredibly honored if you’d nominate With Style and Grace for “best special diets blog”. Nominate HERE. Thank you, thank you!
Today’s 3 Tips on Juicing:
- Mushy fruits don’t juice well, such as bananas, avocados and berries [raspberries, etc.]
- Wash and cut all your fruit and veggies up, place in ziplock bag, that way the next morning you’re all set to juice
- To keep your juice from discoloring, add a few teaspoons of lemon juice.
You can read more about the benefit of juicing and also the difference between juicing and blending, here.
ps. These are the jars I use!
Green Refresher Juice
*requires a juicer
- 4 romaine leaves
- 3 sticks of celery
- 2 green apples, cored and cut into large pieces
- 1″ of fresh ginger
- 3/4 – 1 whole english cucumber, cut into fourths
- 1 lemon, quartered
Turn on the juicer.
Add ingredients, one at a time.
Pour the fresh juice into a glass and enjoy!
Fresh juice is best consumed immediately after juicing and would recommend not going more than 3 days.
Day 2: Carrot, Apple & Ginger Juice
Day 3: Green Refresher
March 7 2012