Juice Week || Day 2 || Carrot Apple Ginger
Before I ever got into making my own juice, I would always buy carrot juice. For years, it was the only juice I’d buy.
Best part, I never had to share. Do you know anyone else who likes plain old carrot juice??
Since it’s still my go to, I thought I’d spice it up a few other favorites for everyone else. I’m also a big fan of ginger, so sometimes I’ll double the amount for a little extra spice. Helps with any stomach aches and nausea.
Although I still enjoy it plain and simple, I also love the sweet addition of the apples and the spice of the ginger. Wakes me right up.
Did you know?
Carrots are rich in beta carotene, which converts in the body to Vitamin A, an antioxidant = fights cancer.
Apples help to cleanse the system, lower cholesterol, and also keep blood glucose levels up.
Ginger is great for calming a stomach ache and also helps to aid many disorders and illnesses.
Today’s 3 Tips on Juicing:
- Use fresh and organic produce, always. You’ll get the highest quality and nutrition [vs. nasty pesticides]
- Wash the produce before juicing.
- Best to drink your juice right away. If you can’t, store in an airtight container [these are the jars I use], but no longer than 3 days.
Now, who’s ready to juice?
Still need a juicer? Here are my recommends.
Fresh Carrot, Apple & Ginger Juice
*requires a juicer
- 6-8 organic large carrots, washed and cut if needed
- 2 organic apples, cored and cut into large pieces
- 1″ fresh ginger, peeled
Turn on the juicer.
Add ingredients, one at a time.
Pour the fresh juice into a glass and enjoy!
Fresh juice is best consumed immediately after juicing and would recommend not going more than 3 days.
If you missed yesterday, I shared my Strawberry, Apple & Lime Juice. It’s one of my absolute favorites, hands down.
And tomorrow, the lucky color is green!
March 6 2012