Valentines day. not a huge fan.
For one, I strongly dislike roses. I won’t even buy a bouquet if they’re in there. I know that’s not normal, but since when I have said/done anything “normal”. Exactly.
My husband and I like to be a little more spontaneous [& frequent] with our date nights, flower giving & special moments. It’s much more fun that way.
One of our favorite things is going out for fro-yo or making our own milkshakes.
This is one of my favorites and it’s super easy and in my mind, it’s the perfect valentines day treat. . . or any day treat, really.
Have I mentioned I love coconut? I looooooove coconut. I could put it in almost anything.
Then you throw in chocolate and I’m in some version of heaven. It’s a beautiful thing.
Speaking of love for coconut, Joy just put together a post of all her coconut recipes. I need those waffles.
Chocolate + Coconut Milkshake
- 2 cups chocolate almond milk [or milk of preference]
- 2 cups vanilla coconut ice cream – FYI: So Delicious brand makes a no sugar added!
- 2 tablespoons toasted [or not toasted] coconut flakes, sweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips or carob chips
- optional – spike it with a little almond liquor [amaretto]
Add all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
Add more of ice cream too make it more creamy. More milk to thin it out. More chocolate for more… chocolate. You get the point.
February 7 2012