I eat this by the [ XXL ] spoonful.
… every day.
and then I lick the jar clean.
You guys, it’s practically dessert. Excuse me, HEALTHY dessert and lemme just tell ya, you’re NOT going to want to share. Solution: make two and you’ll avoid any potential fights.
If not eating straight out of the, fill in the ______. [answer: mason jar], I’ll add large spoonfuls of this delicious ‘butta’ and mix it in with greek yogurt [<– fave!], oatmeal, or even pancake mix.
Did we just go back to the question of how have I not turned orange yet?
Yeah, I’m just as shocked as you are.
[Photographed by Lisa Thiele | With Style and Grace]
FYI. . .
- NO baking/cooking required
- Takes less that 5 minutes to make
- Only 4 ingredients, which you probably already have in your pantry
- It’s FREE of gluten and dairy!
Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 [or 3] tablespoons *dark chocolate peanut butter or regular creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Little sweetness – Powdered stevia or Agave Nectar, to taste
- Optional – pinch of nutmeg
In a medium bowl, mix everything together until well combined. That’s it.
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Mine doesn’t last more than a week because I eat it with in a few days.
*If you don’t have the dark chocolate peanut butter, GO. GET. IT. You won’t regret it. BUT if you need this NOW [totally understand], mix with creamy, good quality peanut butter. Add tablespoon of cocoa powder to make it chocolaty.
October 27 2011