[Photographed by Lisa Thiele | With Style and Grace]
My mornings are now complete.
‘Tis the season.
Lightened Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 2 cups almond milk – I like unsweetened vanilla
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute – I use liquid Stevia when cutting back on sugar
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 espresso shots [recommend the Dolce Gusto – seriously, great espresso!] No espresso? No problem. Just add black coffee
- Optional – light whipped cream
In a small saucepan on medium heat, add almond milk, pumpkin and sugar. Stir obsessionally, until it begins to steam.
Remove from the heat and add vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. With a whisk, whip the mixture until it’s nice and foamy.
Divide into two coffee cups and top each with a shot [or two] of espresso.
For decoration and a little sugary treat, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with a little pumpkin pie spice.
October 11 2011